Juvederm Voluma XC Injectable is Now Offered San Antonio TXID Cosmetic Clinic
At the Texas Institute of Dermatology, we offer the latest fillers for face and hand rejuvenation. At our San Antonio clinic, we are proud to offer JUVÉDERM Ultra XC for facial rejuvenation. JUVÉDERM Voluma XC is a new FDA approved filler that last for about 2 years.
The Institute is one of the top Dermatology centers in the San Antonio and Boerne area for various Juvederm products and other Cosmetic Dermatology procedures . All fillers are injected by Dr. Ghohestani, a renowned dermatologist with years of experience in filler injection. Dr. Ghohestani uses his unique innovative approach in treating deep smile lines (nasolabial folds), tear trough (under eyes), (glabellar) between eyebrows, jawline and marionette lines (around the mouth). Dr. Ghohestani is one the top injectors in San Antonio and Boerne area.
Juvederm Voluma XC, Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus and Juvederm Ultra XC
Fillers are used in conjunction with Botox to treat wrinkles. For more information on techniques for wrinkle reduction, please click here. JUVÉDERM ® and BELOTERO are smooth consistency gels made of hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration.
BELOTERO BALANCE® Dermal Filler is designed for around the eyes. Dr. Ghohestani eases JUVÉDERM or BELOTERO injectable gel under the skin to instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds, like your “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds—the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth).
JUVÉDERM® provides a smooth, natural look and feel. Studies suggest a superior result of JUVÉDERM® compared to a collagen-based dermal filler. JUVÉDERM® injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is proven to be safe and effective for persons of color.
As we age, our skin changes. Over time, the skin ability to produce collagen and Hyaluronic acid is significantly reduced. Consequently, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish as wrinkles and folds form. But, with JUVÉDERM ® and BELOTERO injectable gel, you don’t have to just sit back and let it happen! With JUVÉDERM ® the injection process takes only about 15 minutes and results are immediate. Plus, there’s minimal recovery or downtime.
So you can step into our office for treatment and step right back into your life. *JUVÉDERM ® is indicated for injection into the mid to deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds).
Radiesse, Prevelle, JUVÉDERM™ Ultra, JJUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC, and Juvederm Ultra Plus injectable gels (herein collectively referred as injectable) contain colorless hyaluronic acid gel that are injected into facial tissue to smooth wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth for Nose Reshaping, Cheek Augmentation and Highlighting, around eyelids, nasolabial folds.
The role of hyaluronic acid in the skin is to deliver nutrients, hydrate the skin by holding in water, and to act as a cushioning agent. The JUVÉDERM ™ products, Radiesse, Prevelle temporarily add volume to the tissue. All injectable gels are injected into areas of facial tissue, they temporarily adds volume to the skin and may give the appearance of a smoother surface. Most patients need more than one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing, and the results last about four to nine months (4-9 mo). Most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and their duration is short lasting (10 days or less).
The most common side effects include but are not limited to injection site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, bleeding, itching, and discoloration. As with all skin injection procedures there is a risk of bacterial, viral and fungal infection .
Occasionally, patients develop a granuloma formation, necrosis at the site of injection, bleeding or occlusion of an artery or vein. People who are allergic to Lidocaine should not get any XC formulations that include JUVÉDERM™ Ultra Plus XC, JUVÉDERM™ Ultra XC or JUVÉDERM™ XC or PREVELLO.
Juevderm products are relatively safe and are probably one of the best fillers in the market for correcting volume loss in face and hands.
Injectable gels should not be used in patients who have:
- Severe allergies to many proteins or a history of allergies to gram-positive bacterial proteins or allergies to numbing medication: Lidocaine.
- Patients who are using substances that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as with any injection, may experience increased bruising or bleeding at injection site. You should inform your physician before treatment if you are using these types of substances.
- If laser treatment, chemical peeling or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment with filler products, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site.
- Injectable products should be used with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy, or therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as there may be an increased risk of infection.
- The safety of Injectable products for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females or in patients under 18 years has not been established.
- The safety of Injectable products in patients with a history of excessive scarring (e.g. hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied.