Latest Treatment Options for Rosacea in San Antonio and Boerne Clinics
- Our rosacea experts at both San Antonio and Boerne clinics offer the most uptodate treatment options for rosacea and red spots
- Our rosacea experts have successfully treated thousands of patients with rosacea and red spots on face
- iRosacea Free™ offered exclusively at Texas Institute of Dermatology clinics in San Antonio and Boerne
- iRosacea Free™ consists of light-based therapy: AFT and LED with specific parameter for rosacea
What is Rosacea ?
Rosacea is characterized by flushing of the facial skin on mainly the cheeks and the forehead. The redness usually lasts for several days or weeks and may even extend to the eyes. Sometimes, after a few weeks, the Rosacea may go into remission on its own. In other cases, Rosacea can be more akin to a chronic disease. Unfortunately, knowledge is limited regarding the origins of Rosacea. However, we do know that common triggers for flare-ups include:
- Alchohol, specially red wine
- Sun exposure
- Foods, especially spicy foods
What are my treatment options?
Although Rosacea origins are not well known, treatment options for Rosacea are plentiful. These treatments include:
- Sulfa-based foaming wash
- Topical Azelaic Acid
- AFT (IPL) with Vascular filter can be used to treat larger underlying vascular vessels
- Topical or oral anti-inflammatory agents (if the Rosacea is inflammatory and has red papules or pustules)
- Photodynamic therapy can be used to treat stubborn Rosacea
- CO2 laser ablation can treat skin irregularities that come about as a result of Rosacea
Dr. Ghohestani can help you know what option or options are best for you depending on your history, skin type, and aesthetic desires.
Why should you choose Texas Institute of Dermatology for Rosacea treatments?
At the Texas Institute of Dermatology, we want you to have an excellent outcome and to feel that your needs and concerns have been promptly addressed in a caring and sensitive fashion.
We strive diligently to ensure your satisfaction, comfort, privacy, and safety. All treatments are supervised or performed by Dr. Ghohestani, a former chief of Dermatology at UT San Antonio with many years of successful experience in treating Rosacea.
Many treatment modalities are available for Rosacea, and we can recommend the one or two that are most likely to meet your needs; we’re here to meet your needs and help you realize your aspirations.
At our clinic in San Antonio, Texas, we serve communities throughout Bexar and Kendall counties, including San Antonio, Boerne, Leon Springs, Fair Oaks Ranch, Canyon Lake city; many of our patients also come from San Marcos, New Braunfels, Kerrville, Austin, Wimberley and Corpus Christi.