Skin Tag Removal in San Antonio and Boerne Performed by Dermatologists with Years of Experience
- Our Skin Tag Removal Clinic in San Antonio and Boerne removes Skin Tags more than any other clinics in South Texas
- Our experts utilize the latest technology in Skin Tag Removal using lasers, surgery and all samples are sent to pathology for a final doagnosis
- All procedures are performed or supervised by Dr. Ghohestani who has years of experience in Skin tag removal
- Our experts are familiar with Skin tag removal of all skin types including the skin of color
- We offer almost painless, scar-free skin tag removal
What is a Skin Tag?
- Skin tags are benign growth of skin tissue attached to the skin by a connecting stalk. They are not dangerous, just bothersome. Skin tags are not developing cancer. They are most commonly found on the back, under the breasts, around the neck and eyelids, armpits, on the chest, or in the groin area. They are most pronounced in women or men who have gained significant amounts of weight.
- Generally, skin tags don’t cause any pain unless tags are irritated by clothing or jewelry that is rubbing excessively on the tag.
- It is important to see a dermatologist before removing any skin tag, since a mole may look like a skin tag to an untrained eye.
- Skin tags are noncancerous.
- Skin tags are also called fibroepithelial polyp or acrochordon.
- Skin tags are usually skin-colored or hyperpigmented (dark), turning the color black or purple may suggest a vascular compromise and need immediate attention
- Skin tag size may range from 2 mm to 5 cm
How Are Skin Tags Treated?
The following treatment options tend to be the most common for skin tags and are offered by our dermatologists at the TXID San Antonio Skin Tag Removal Clinic:
- Shaving it off (shave or excision) using a scalpel or scissors
- Freezing it off (cryosurgery)
- Burning it off using an electric current (electrosurgery)
- Laser surgery, remove the tag using a Co2 laser
Skin Tags Are Occasionally Associated With Other Diseases
On occasion, multiple skin tags are associated with systemic diseases such as Birt-Hogg-Dube (BHD) syndrome. BHD is a rare autosomal dominant genodermatosis that is characterized by skin tumors, including multiple fibrofolliculomas, trichodiscomas, and acrochordons. BHD patients may develop kidney and colon cancer.
Does My Insurance Cover Skin Tag Removal?
- Most health insurance companies do not cover for skin tag removal unless it is medically necessary.
At the Texas Institute of Dermatology, we want you to have an excellent outcome and to feel that your needs and concerns have been promptly addressed in a caring and sensitive fashion. We strive diligently to ensure your satisfaction, comfort, privacy, and safety for skin tag removal. All skin tag treatments are supervised or performed by a dermatologist with many years of successful experience in a large variety of procedures. Many treatment options for skin tags are available, and we can recommend the one or two that will likely meet your needs. We’re here to meet your skincare needs and help achieve the look you desire. We currently serve communities throughout Bexar and Kendall counties including San Antonio, Boerne, Leon Springs, Ralph Fair Ranch, and Canyon Lake city. Many of our patients also come from San Marcos, New Braunfels, Kerrville, Austin, Laredo , Wimberley and Corpus Christi.